What is Botox®?
Botox® Cosmetic is the only FDA-approved product to temporarily improve the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, around the eyes in the crow’s feet area and in the forehead. Botox® is a nonsurgical, injectable treatment performed by professionals at Elite Plastic Surgery.
What Botox® corrects:
- Moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet around the eyes
- Horizontal forehead lines
What to expect during treatment
Most patients say that it feels like a pinch. If you are concerned about feeling any discomfort, we may use a numbing cream at the treatment site. Botox® treatments typically take about 10 minutes. After your treatment, you can resume your day.
Botox Injections at Elite Plastic Surgery
Some patients begin to see results in as little as 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines.
Botox® Before and After*
*Individual results may vary
How long do Botox® results last?
Results may differ from person to person, however results may last up to 4 months.
Botox® Side Effects
Rare side effects include pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, neck pain or eye problems. If you experience any side effects, please call us immediately.
How much does Botox cost?
Botox is priced by the unit and it varies from region to region. You can expect to pay between $11 and $14 dollars a unit depending on location. At Elite the more areas of Botox you purchase the more affordable the price becomes. Beware of bargain priced Botox as it may be counterfeit, or may have been diluted more than it should be in order to make more profit. Both of these practices can change how effective the Botox is and how long it will last.
What questions should I ask my provider?
- Does your provider have expertise in facial anatomy? It’s very important to understand which muscles to target and which muscles to avoid for the best outcome with minimal side effects.
- How many years of injection experience and how often do they use Botox in their practice?
- Does your provider have before and after pictures of patients they have treated to show?
- Do they schedule a follow up appointment after treatment? This is a great time to review your own before and after photos to evaluate your results.
- What are the most common side effects associated with treatment and what should you do if you experience any of them?
- What medical conditions would prevent me from receiving Botox, and what medications or supplements should I avoid before injections take place?
Schedule a Consultation
The staff at Elite Plastic Surgery can help you determine which product is best for you. We are experts at helping you to look refreshed, less angry, and younger while maintaining natural overall facial appearance and motion. To schedule a consultation, call (616) 459-1907 today! Elite Plastic Surgery serves Grand Rapids, Byron Center and surrounding areas.