Breast implants don’t last a lifetime. Most implants have a lifespan of about 10-15 years. So, if you’ve had implants for a while, you might need a replacement.
If you’ve had breast implants for a while, there’s a chance you might need to get them replaced at some point. Whether it’s because of changes to your body, breast pain, or changing aesthetic goals, you might consider getting new implants.
Here are six reasons why you might need to get your breast implants replaced:
- Your body has changed over time: Pregnancy, weight gain or loss, and the natural aging process can all change the shape and size of your breasts. As a result, your implants might not look as good as they once did.
- You’re experiencing pain: Breast implants are not meant to be painful. Your implants may have ruptured or are causing complications if you are experiencing pain in your breasts or around the implant site.
- Your aesthetic goals have changed: Your taste in fashion and beauty might change over time. If you no longer like how your implants look, consider replacing them with a new set that better suits your current aesthetic goals.
- One of your implants has ruptured: If one has ruptured, you’ll need to replace it as soon as possible. Ruptured implants can cause serious health complications, so getting them taken care of immediately is essential.
- You have capsular contracture: Capsular contracture is a condition where the scar tissue around your implant hardens and begins to contract. This can cause your implants to change shape or become painful. If you have capsular contracture, you’ll need to get your implants replaced.
- Your implants are old: Implants usually last between 10 and 20 years. This is because implants become more likely to rupture or cause other complications as they age. If your implants are on the older side, consider replacing them even if they’re not causing any problems.
If you’re thinking about getting your breast implants replaced, we can help at Elite Plastic Surgery. Be sure to consult with one of the board-certified plastic surgeons in Grand Rapids to discuss your options. Give us a call at 616-459-1907.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Comments are closed.